GeneWorks is hiring in Melbourne
About the Opportunity
We have a new opportunity for a Sales Representative who loves emerging technologies, has an interest in the commercial side of science and is ready and eager to expand an existing client portfolio.
Based from our Melbourne or Adelaide office, we are looking for a natural relationship builder who genuinely enjoys face-to-face sales and helping researchers find technologies that can advance their research.
This new position is suitable for an enthusiastic salesperson with strong ethics, communication and sales skills who is looking for a career in the life sciences industry.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Consult with potential customers to understand their requirements.
- Identify and present solutions to specific application requirements.
- Undertake a mix of account management and application support.
- Build solid relationships and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Preparedness to travel throughout South Australia and interstate when required, attend local and interstate conferences.
- Be the primary Territory Manager for various territories.
Key skills and experience
- University degree in Life Sciences.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Experience in managing the complex sales process and negotiation.
- Previous scientific sales experience is highly advantageous (not 100% essential - candidates with the right attitude and willingness to learn are still encouraged to apply).
The successful candidate will be expected to spend a significant portion of their work hours visiting customer sites and arranging face-to-face customer visits.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GeneWorks is a small independent Australian company specialising in distribution of innovative and often unique instruments, kits, reagents and software. We have a carefully selected list of suppliers based on the enabling power of their technologies, the quality of their products and their level of support.
GeneWorks supports the sale of our products with the highest possible level of customer advice, technical and engineering support. Our team of research laboratory trained scientists has been carefully chosen for their experience in Molecular and Cell Biology applications.
GeneWorks also manufactures reagents and offers a wide range of Laboratory and Engineering Services for those organisations wishing to outsource these needs.