Pack Size: 50 mL Bottle
GeneWorks G-Xtract is for extracting and preparing genomic DNA for PCR amplification. It is a cost effective and efficient solution that doesn’t require harmful chemicals or spin columns. A simple heat treatment is sufficient to lyse tissue or cellular material, thus releasing genomic DNA. This also minimises introduction of PCR inhibitors, making the DNA extraction process uncomplicated and quick.
GeneWorks G-Xtract Solution can extract DNA from a myriad of tissue samples including tissue-culture cells, hair follicles, buccal cells, mouse tail snips and many more. DNA extracted using GeneWorks Xtract Solution is suitable for any PCR-based analysis (e.g.: genomic DNA screening in animals; genetic or environmental research and screening; and CRISPR/Cas9 library screening).
Recommended volume is 0.5 mL per reaction but can be adjusted depending on sample type.
1. For the number of samples, label the appropriate number of microcentrifuge tubes and pipette 0.5 mL of G-Xtract Solution into each tube.
2. Place one sample in each tube.
3. Mix well by vortexing for 15 seconds.
4. Transfer the tube(s) to a 65°C heat block and incubate for 6 minutes.
5. Mix well by vortexing for 15 seconds.
6. Transfer the tube(s) to a 98°C heat block and incubate for 2 minutes.
7. Store the DNA at –20°C for up to 1 week, or at –70°C for long-term storage.
8. Use 5 uL or less of the extracted DNA for each PCR amplification.
Nucleic Acid isolated with G-Xtract Solution may contain impurities that make it unsuitable for procedures other than PCR. Further cleanup using DNA clean and purification kits is required before preparing sequencing libraries.