Product Code: NGE-MG10
Pack Size: 1 ml
MIDORI Green Xtra is a new highly sensitive green fluorescent stain for a safe visualisation of DNA and RNA in agarose gels. This DNA stain is a safe and better alternative to the traditional nucleic acid stain ethidium bromide (EtBr). Remarkably, agarose gels stained with MIDORI Green Xtra have a very low background fluorescence, which makes the identification of low amounts of DNA very easy. This stain is optimised for Blue/Green and Blue LED light, leading to unbeatable fluorescence signals of DNA and RNA in agarose gels. In addition, UV-light is also suitable for the detection of nucleic acid, but less efficient than non-damaging visible light.
Remarkably, MIDORI Green Xtra does not stain agarose gel, leading to an excellent signal to noise ratio with virtually no background. MIDORI Green Xtra delivers even better DNA/RNA signals than ethidium bromide. However, this innovative DNA stain is non-carcinogenic, non-mutagenic and non-toxic and therefore not harmful for your health. Independent laboratories confirmed its safety: Both the mutagenicity test (ames test) and the cytotoxicity test were negative.
- Sensitivity: Ultra-sensitive. Much better than ethidium bromide.
- Safe: Non-toxic, non-mutagenic and non-carcinogenic.
- Compatibility: Optimal for Blue/Green LED technology and Blue LED light. For UV light we recommended MIDORIGreen Advance.
- High Efficiency: Almost no background
- Flexible: In-gel staining and post staining.